ReviewBites.com is committed to protecting your confidentiality. If you have any questions or difficulties about using your personal data, please contact us and we will assist you gladly.
This policy is applicable where we act as data controller with regard to the personal data of the visitors and service users to our website; in other words, where we determine the purpose and ways in which the personal data is processed.
“We,” “us,” “our” and the “Realist Media ” refer in this policy. 1.4. See Section 13 for further information on us.
Your personal data may be communicated in the form that is reasonably required for the purposes and on the legal basis set out in this policy to any member of our Group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiary).
Our insurers and/or professional advisors may disclose your Personal Data as reasonably necessary for the purposes of insurance cover, risk management, professional advice or legal proceedings, both in court or in an administrative or out-of-court proceeding, to our insurers and/or professional advisers.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – ReviewBites.com
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is legitimate, fair and transparent. There are legitimate grounds for our processing activities. Before processing personal data, we always consider your rights. Upon request, we will provide you with information about the processing.
- Processing is for the purpose only. Our processing activities are in line with the purpose for which personal data were collected.
- Minimal data is processed. We only collect and process for any purpose the minimum amount of Personal Data required.
- Processing is limited to a period of time. For longer than necessary, we will not store your personal data.
- We will do our utmost to ensure data accuracy.
- We will do our utmost to ensure data integrity and confidentiality.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Providing your personal data to others
Your personal data may be communicated in the form that is reasonably required for the purposes and on the legal basis set out in this policy to any member of our Group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and all its subsidiary).
Our insurers and/or professional advisors may disclose your Personal Data as reasonably necessary for the purposes of insurance cover, risk management, professional advice or legal proceedings, both in court or in an administrative or out-of-court proceeding, to our insurers and/or professional advisers
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies used by our service providers