We see leather everywhere. Leather is in our shoes, handbags, wallets, furniture, car accessories and many more.
Leather has become an official part of our lifestyle and somehow reached to the level of a fashion status icon.
More leather in our shoes or bags, more stylish we are considered in our society. Leather material is not limited to just one type now.
It has been divided from the best to cheapest ones now as the demand for leather is increasing day by day. Best Leather repair kits play an important part in fixing these mini or large issues with leather products.
These kits consist of different repairing tools that do not affect leather material n any strong way, rather they fix the leather and make it look more new.
As we all know, everything is not long-lasting; only if it is 100% genuine; it lasts longer. But from day to day use, leather-coated materials that we use in our daily lives require proper repairing tools to fix when something goes wrong.
Best Leather repair kits contain multiple products to use on the damaged leather and are really handy when it comes to emergency needs.
Repairing at Its Finest
A kit usually consists of some correction tools based on what kind of material you are repairing. Leather repair kits consist of colors (according to leather material color that needs fixing), a leather adhesive, some backing fibre, grain paper, a leather sample for practice, swabs, alcohol wipes, cloth, mixing tool, mixing cup, grade sandpaper, paint sponge and an instruction manual.
Leather repair kits really repairing something small and quick and most of the kits are usually DIYs now for quite some time. It’s easy to buy one and use it accordingly with some instructions inside or with the help of internet.
Getting something repaired really takes time and effort to go to the repair shop and get it fixed. These kits help one person to bring it home and use it easily for minor fixes on his leather products. Some kits are multi-functional which can be used on more than one object.
Heat Cured Vinyl/ Leather Repair Kit
This is one of the old techniques repairing style kit. It was developed nearly 50 years ago. It has been quite acceptable over the last few years, so here are some facts about it.
- This kit consists of simply colored screen-printer ink that is usually used in printing T-shirts.
- A heat style repair is a bit of a complicated procedure as the heat causes leather to deteriorate and even if the repairing part is fixed, it will damaged the side areas along with it, causing a much bigger mess in a short period of time. So this kit definitely needs to be used carefully.
- Due to extreme temperatures, these repairing are much more critical than repairing at fast rate so low temperature repairing is suggested. But due to less heat repairing, the repaired area is not repaired properly, which leaves it no choice but to break again.
- These kits are mainly referred to as Vinyl and Leather repair kits, but these two materials have totally different features and are very hard to repair with same techniques. Although, these kits can repair Vinyl better but its best to avoid them on any leather material products.
- So in conclusion, the repair material s weak from the start with, so complete recovery is impossible
Water Base “Air Dry” Leather Repair Kit
These kits are considered to be a good choice for repairing, but these kits also contain a number of options to choose from. Here is the detail:
- The most common Air Dried kits are water-based that consist of a chemical compound called polyvinyl acetate or PVA for short.to be more elaborate, it’s the same material used in Elmer’s Glue.
- The PVA is best functional when it is used separately, not in leather repairing. PVA is not flexible material, and if used on leather, it will probably break and split while bending.
- When it dries after applying, it gets so hard that it becomes uncomfortable to sit or use on. The only way to make it useful is to use it on a product which will not be used for sitting or other purposes.
The only way to let PVA work with leather is to make it compatible enough chemically with the leather material. But this inclusion raises the price of repairing kit rather than selling it in cheap range.
So adding up to the fact, the added polyurethane-based repair materials will raise the price limit of the repair material, so we can say that you get what you paid for.
As Seen on TV Repair Kits
Television is a very prominent feature of advertisement and production. It gives a huge boost to sales by showing people a positive and productive image of the product. But as seen on TV statement displays, it’s mostly not as it is said.
Brand recognition through television is extremely common and important for today’s time. Through TVs, brands get a big advantage of selling their products, whether they are profitable or useful or not.
Leather repair kit shown on TV is mostly the best ones produced by the companies. To advertise them in the best possible way, they show the best results through those kits, making believe that it’s the best kit to buy yet.
Reality sometimes shows a different picture. Many of the scams get caught when the kits are bought a home and used on the products. Let’s just say don’t believe everything you see.
Home Leather Repair Methods
Who doesn’t like quick and easy access to their problems, and getting it through the internet is the most common way possible nowadays.
It’s the era of DIYs and people are sorting out solutions through different home remedies, as the time has brought much more expenses over very minor but several issues.
People are trying their best to spend less and get more so other people are providing DIY remedies to them through information on the internet, videos on YouTube or blogs etc.
Users with no knowledge get to see and believe what is advertised in the most prominent way to get the solution to their problems at home.
There is no doubt that you can literally create or build anything through the internet, but it is also leading people to unnecessary tasks, putting them into harmful risks. So have a good eye while searching and do not get mislead.
There is no doubt that leather repairing based on internet information and videos is convenient and work temporarily. Stain removal is the most common search for repairing and cleaning on the internet.
But using non-effective or hard chemical material on leather do damage or ruin the leather effect and color.
Quick fixes ruin the long last effect, they may bring a temporary solution, but they leave a bad side effect on the product.
How to Choose a Proper Leather Repair Kit?
Choosing something right for your self isn’t really a common thing in people now days. To select something to repair your stuff at home recommends a proper knowledge on what you are going to buy for repairing.
Mostly DIYs kits consist of old type products that don’t really affect the problem. So it’s best to have a keen knowledge of which kit will be sufficient according to the product that has been damaged.
Car seats leather, bag leather, leather sofas covers, you name them, all of these have different category kits that help adjust the repairing according to the leather type. There are repair kits available in the market that provides the best results for leather problems.
The company “Leather Magic” has been considered to provide the best products and services that perform a great job on repairing. Including more companies like “Magic Mender, Leatherique, Leather Renew” they are definitely spreading their names in great quality work.
Here are some of the leather repair kits that are reviewed as the best top 10 in the year 2019:
- The original Leather Repair Doctor DIY kit
- Leather Magic Leather Repair Kit
- MastaPlasta Leather Repair Patch/kit
- LeatherPlus Leather and Vinyl Repair and Restoration Kit
- Tear Mendere TM-P-LRK Bish Original Tear Mender Premium Leather Repair Kit
- Leather Restore Leather Repair Kit with ready to use colors
- Invisible Repair Air-Dry Leather Repair Kit
- Liquid Leather All Black Leather Repair Kit
- Liquid Leather Pro Leather and Vinyl Repair Kit
All of these kits have been thoroughly reviewed and checked for thorough selection of repair kits for customers. They are also displayed with their pros and cons so it is best to do a little research before buying a leather kit for oneself.
All leather repair kits consist of fine material to work along with the damage of a specified product. They come with their instruction manuals so before using it its best to read them first.